Friday, September 30, 2011

novel summary

I have been thinking about my novel.  Since I'm a writer, I guess it's okay if I write about what I'm writing on my blog.  I wrote a very brief summary of the entire book, but I still haven't plugged the gaps in the plot.  I'm basically halving the plot of the novel. However, I did write a summary of chapter one.  I'm going to let you in on that.  Tell me what you think

First, you need to know that my main character Dean is bipolar AND quite delusional.

Dean lives in Hollis Home Residential Care facility.  In his state-mandated therapy session with Dr. Schlitz, whom Dean calls Schitz, the doctor tries to get Dean to talk about his life and his sister's death.  Dean refuses to talk about his life and refuses to ACKNOWLEDGE his sister's death.  It's been two weeks since Dee disappeared. The doctor suggests that they increase his medication which infuriates Dean.  He curses the doctor and storms out the door.  He sees Roger Wulf who asks him what he told the doctor about that night.  Dean pushes him aside and runs to the river.  At the river, he finds one of the partially submerged caves that had recently been completely flooded.  He runs into the cave and discovers his sister's body.  That night, he awakens from a horrible dream and she is standing at his bedside.

I had a good day at school, though overall, I'd have to give the week at least one thumbs down.

I'm in a good mood though I'm too tired to think of anything clever to say.  In my two speech classes we are talking about self esteem.  It seems ironic to me that the self esteem we have or do not have relies mostly on what other people say about us.  In short, we let words from other people control what we become rather than take control of what we can and try to shape ourselves.

By the way, don't forget; you can purchase my YA fantasy at the following link:
http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx

1 comment:

  1. How true! If you do not like my writing, it is alright. It is not for you. :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews