Friday, September 23, 2011

Narcissistic and Fall.

The word for the day is narcissism. What does it mean and what is its origin?  Do you know?  Put that mirror down and pay attention to me when I'm talking to you.  I would have to say that I am definitely not narcissistic.  One look and anyone could tell you why.

Fall is here, literally and figuratively.  It's about 70 degrees outside now.  We had a shower earlier while the sun was shining at the same time.  Bob Seger has a song that has a line in it about a light rain.  He calls it a sun shower.  I like that image.  Of course, I like just about everything Bob Seger does except for fire lake.  He has a dumb line in it about Uncle Joe being the one afraid to cut the cake.  I would call that a forced rhyme -- not one of his better songwriting efforts.  This morning when I went to work at 6 a.m. it was 47 degrees.  The jacket I had on and the hot coffee I drank felt quite good at the time.

I just received a book that I ordered today.  It's the script for the Broadway play Next to Normal.  My instructor for Children's Literature Institute recommended it to me.  The play (a musical) won a Pulitzer prize so I'm looking forward to reading it.  Has anyone out there seen it?  I seriously doubt that it makes its way to the Fox in St. Louis, no matter how fabulous it is.

Back to fall.  It's such a dynamic season with awesome beauty -- but, the sad thing is, it happens right before everything dies for the winter.  Of course, without a death there cannot be a resurrection into something even more beautiful. I always get a little restless in the fall.  Now, I'm in the fall of my life metaphorically speaking.

                                   I got my hair cut and no longer look like a Neanderthal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews