Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Short but Sweet

I feel like I need to write though this will be a short one because I am in the middle of something.  I am having -- thus far, cross my fingers and knock on wood -- a good school year.  I am halfway keeping up with grading, and I have even managed to write a little.  Not enough though because I have recently received some new inspiration and a second wind.  It always happens that way.  When I feel inspired and ready to write, I have gotten too busy.  Perhaps, it's just some kind of semi-destructive, self-fulfilling prophecy.  I am afraid to fail with my writing so I don't get inspired until I get to a point where I'm too busy to write.  Perhaps, it's a self protecting wall so that I don't have to bear the sorrow of failure.  Just a thought.  I know there are people who are always finding ways to self destruct.  Perhaps, I'm unintentionally self destructing my writing career because I'm afraid I'm going to fail anyway.  I can always use the excuse, "I've been too busy to write."  I wonder if anyone else ever does this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews