Saturday, September 24, 2011

next to normal



What are you reading at the moment?  I have picked up a copy of the Pulitzer Prize winning musical next to normal.  Wow.  It tells a powerful story about a mother who has a severe case of manic depression or bipolar disorder, the politically correct name for it.  I am fortunate because I have Rhapsody and downloaded the original Broadway cast recording of the songs. I can't read and listen to it all at once.  It's too intense, and I am way too close to it.  I think it is going to be very helpful to me in writing my Shadowlands Diary book. If you know of someone who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, you owe it to yourself and to that person to read this play and get an insight into what goes on in the minds of someone who has the horrible illness.  Warning, the play does have some language, but it is so good -- what I've read so far.

In other writing news,  you can still get Lancelot at the following place:

http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx

You can order "next to normal" here
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=next+to+normal&x=0&y=0



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews