Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall and the restlessness that ensues

Has fall arrived in Missouri?  It's certainly paying us a lengthy visit if it hasn't moved in yet.  The rain, then the colder temperatures.  I'd say that's a sign.  Does anyone except for me have lots of feelings of restlessness in the fall?  I think I know why I have mine.  Fall is a precursor of winter.  Winter is a symbol for death.  I think fall reminds me that I am getting older.  I mean, anyone of us could go at any time.  We have today and that is it.  Tomorrow may never come.  We should never forget that.

I am writing very briefly today because I have to grade papers and then I am going to play trivia tonight. I haven't played in a while, and I think we're getting a pretty good team together.  It's also a big contest, and I'm looking forward to winning it.  I think we can if we get the players I think we're getting.

Church is tomorrow.  I'm a Christian; I'm not afraid to admit that.  I am ashamed of some of the ways that supposed Christians act in this world.  They give all of us a bad name.  I'll save that rant for another time.  I believe that most people who are Christian would think of me as a heretic because I don't believe all of the traditional Christian beliefs.

That's all from me for now.  I'll write some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews