Tuesday, September 20, 2011

When are you too old to cling to childish dreams?



http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx
I don't think my book sales are going that great so far.  Sigh.  If there are some of you out there who have read it, I would appreciate it if you go on Amazon or Barnes and do a brief review of it.  I understand that works pretty well.  If you have read the book and you did not like it, drop me a message and tell me why you didn't.

I have had this dream of writing the great young adult novel, getting myself an agent and a steady publisher, and embarking on a full-time writing career.  I have yet to achieve that goal.  As I get older, I wonder if I should just let this dream go by the wayside, concentrate on the few things that I do seem to sell pretty easily, and content myself with my teaching until I can retire and then do something else.  I had some luck playwriting, but I haven't really had a good idea for one for quite a while.  Does creativity dry up when you get older?  I would like to do screenplays, and if a screenwriter gets optioned, that can be an open door to a great career, but I think selling screenplays is even more of a longshot.

I'm not down or depressed -- that's not why I'm thinking along these lines. I'm just wondering if it's time to get a bit more realistic.

Well, I have a few days to think about it before I am even going to have any time to write again.  I have school work to do.  I'll write again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews