Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall is here, ready or not.

On Friday, when I left for work at 6 a.m. or so, it was 47 degrees.  Yesterday, my wife and I spent about two or three hours raking and burning leaves.  I think those are signs of fall.  Now, for the next five or six months, we get to gripe about how cold it is.

Fall and winter make me think of death.  I know, cliche.  It makes everyone think of death -- or maybe I just think that all people are as morbid and melancholic as I am.  Let's face it though.  We have to go through the death in the fall and winter before we go through the resurrection of the spring.  I love the cool weather, but fall still makes me a little blue.  I think I may have along with many other mental disorders a tad bit of SAD: seasonal affective disorder.  Lack of sunshine contributes to it, I know.

I am watching the Cardinals right now, and shortly, I'll be watching the Rams. It's a big weekend for the Redbirds.  And the Rams have to start showing me they actually have a decent team or else I may have to amend my prediction that they are going to end the season at 9-7.  They are playing stupid football -- too many mistakes.  I don't get their approach.  They'll start out with a wide open offense -- one that was so unnerving to the Giants that two of their players fell down crying that they had an injury so that they could slow it down.  Then they get into conservative mode and bore me to death.  What gives!

Well, enough for now.  I'm going to add another blog here in just a second.  I want to post an excerpt from Lancelot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews