Friday, September 9, 2011

Weekly wrap

I've been on this computer since I got home at 6:30.  I've frittered away two hours.  Like the Pink Floyd song, frittered away the hours in the day in an offhand way, or something to that effect.  By the way, do you know which one's Pink?  Is there a better way to bring an entire class of people to the height of nonproductivity than to give them busy work that doesn't mean anything?  Destroy the brain with nothing and all day to keep busy doing it.  Two hours.  I can't believe it.

Today at school, we watched two documentaries on 9-11.  One was an interview with George Bush about what he went through that day.  I have to admit, that even though I don't care for him, President Bush remained cool, calm, collected and strong in the face of adversity.  I didn't know that he gave orders to the military to shoot down any commercial airliner that did not follow directions to land.  In the interview, the president was close to tears when he talked about how he at first thought that his orders were responsible for the destruction of Flight 93.

The other documentary was one that a local man Randy Barnhouse put together.  He interviewed several of us teachers in front of the green screen that newscasters use and then he edited what we said and put footage of the tragedy in the background as we talked about what we remembered that day.  It was a tremendous job.  If anyone needs a videographer in the southeast Missouri area, look up Mr. Barnhouse.  He's going to be getting into wedding videos and other things like that.

Watching these two show nearly brought me to tears.  All the things I felt that day came back.

No, world, we will never forget.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews