Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nihilism: Does it exist?

                                                                     Me looking haggard

Nihilism is an interesting word.  I'm not going to define it for you because I think you need to look it up for yourself and learn something.  Nihilism, as used in psychiatry, is especially interesting if you believe that sort of thing.

I love certain words.  And I notice that some authors love certain words too.  Stephen King likes the word soughing.  That word to me is not very interesting.  It doesn't even sound interesting.  Do you know its meaning?  Look it up too, and find ways to use it in your vocabulary.

I'm tired tonight so this may not make a lot of sense.  I have had night classes for the last two days, and though I do like my classes, especially the one today, it does tire me out to teach them.  I was very pleased with the evaluation I got from my director.  It was almost overwhelming.  It's nice to be told you're doing a good job -- especially in an official evaluation.  Because she took the time to give me a nice pat on the back, I won't hesitate to work hard for her in this position.  Sometimes, if no one seems to notice the work you're doing -- as if you don't even exist really (clue to nihilism) -- you get to the point you really don't want to work your butt off.

Why can't bosses understand that simple concept?  Show your appreciation for your workers, and they'll work that much harder.  When you start taking them for granted, they start slacking.

I'm going to post the link to Lancelot again in case you've lost it.  Please order soon if you intend to.  Success breeds success, and if I know people are buying what I've written and enjoying it, I am encouraged to keep at it.
http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews