Monday, September 19, 2011

Does this catch your attention?

I wonder what Dr. Schitz would say if I told him that I gave my lithium and prozac to one of the residents who goes to the public school so he could sell it for me.  The Hollis kids who are lucky enough to go to public school find a ready market for crazy pills.  They are only too happy to make the sell for us Hollis kids who don't go to public school and split the profits. I look at Dee who smiles at me as if she can read my mind.


"Who is Dee?" Dr. Schitz asks -- I guess I should tell you that his real name is actually Schlitz -- yeah, like the beer.


I almost lose my temper until I remember that he doesn't see Dee.

So, did it get your attention?  I have rewritten the beginning pages of Shadowland Diaries a dozen times, and I think I have maybe stumbled onto the approach I want to take.  If I can finish this novel, I believe it will be my Harry Potter, my breakthrough novel.  Of course, I'm just as delusional as the main character in Shadowlands Diary.  I have struggled with this novel mightily, and I am bound and determined to make it a good one.

In other news ... hmmm ... I have no other news.  How sad is that!

How about a crossbyte.
"You will never know the light until you pull your head out of your ..."
No, that doesn't work.  Not my style.
"Some people don't know that the real world is not the one they see in the mirror."
That's better.

Now, for a bit of commentary.  Some people don't realize that the world does not center around them.  I include myself in that category often.  We're all small cogs in a massive machine built by God, in my opinion, and though we are very important -- precious even -- we are no more important or precious than anyone else.  It's hard to see others for what they truly are if you are too busy looking just at yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews