Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blog dictated through my Ipad





This is going to be a very interesting experiment here. I'm dictating all of this on my iPad from my Dragon dictation software. This is liable not to be very accurate but it's worth a try. I have not done any  planning on any of my writing projects today. Mainly I have been helping my wife out because we are expecting some company tomorrow. Tonight however I'm going to go back to my plan for my new screenplay and try sort that out a little bit and then maybe write some on it. I don't plan on going out anywhere tonight for New Year's Eve. I'm kind of old for that so I'm just going to stay here and watch TV a little bit and just kind of relax. I do intend stay up till midnight however. It's interesting to find what I'm finding here is that this version of Dragon on my iPad is more accurate than the one they had on my computer . As with all technology, as I'm finding right now there are problems even with this. I'm running probably into more difficulty trying to dictate this than I would be if I were trying to type it. So this dictation maybe has turned out to be an incoherent mess but that's okay it is fun to try to do it anyway. The one really on the annoying thing about dictation is that you have to remember to put in the punctuation marks. As I am rolling along with my talking sometimes I forget to do that, but I will try to do better next time. So what you think? Is this the future of writing? Dictating with software.

One final note here. Even though I went back in to make a few changes, most of what I have written here is dictated without editing so you will find some mistakes. Have a safe and wonderful New Year's and may your 2012 be a great one .

For those of you who have a iPad and might be interested in this software or app I guess is what you call it; it's called dragon dictation. It doesn't cost anything either.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews