Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Very short thoughts



It's bedtime.  I'm feeling a little bummed tonight, so maybe going to sleep and forgetting about stuff for seven or eight hours is the perfect thing to do.  I'm not going to bore anyone who might be reading this all the details about why I'm bummed because I know people don't want to read that kind of stuff.  It was just a bad afternoon.  I did watch one of my favorite inspirational movies Freedom Writers, and that cheered me up some.

Pujols has been offered, by the Cardinals, a $220, 000,000 contract for ten years.  I just read a not about how in 1959 Stan Musial became the first national league player to make $100,000 a year, but then in 1960, he asked for a pay cut because he believed he did not play up to his standards.  My, how times have changed.  There has never been any player like Stan the Man.

With the weather getting very cold now, we are bringing the dogs in.  They are very good about curling up and going right to sleep.  Last night, they didn't even use their papers but waited until  they went back outside to go to the bathroom.  Good dogs.  Much better than the dumb cats we have.

I don't feel like teaching tomorrow.  It's getting hard for me to keep my mind on my job at times.  Maybe things will get better.  I hope so.

How can we shoot for the stars if we can't keep our chin up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews