Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ramblings

I wanted to write for just a couple of minutes before I settled in for the night. I have been gone for a night or two so I didn't blog last night at all. I started to plot out a screenplay idea. Now that my novel has failed I might try something different although writing a screenplay will do nothing but propagate the cycle of failure because the odds of a missouri screenwriter as old as I actually getting anyone to buy a screenplay are virtually nil. However, I like that form and sometimes when I do one it helps my other stuff. I have two weeks off from school and I will spend at least three days of that catching up on school work and another day writing an article for act, but aside from those chores I will have some time to think about my writing and perhaps do some of it.

Today we were doing some shaping in my favorite town when we got behind a lady trying to buy a few things. My wife and Ihave this penchant for getting in the slow lines at stores. Well this lady in front of us tried to pay for her stuff with three different cards, none of which had money in them. She told the clerk she had money in all of her accounts because she had just deposited it that day. Anybody with any sense at all knows that the money doesn't show up on the account until the next day. We got in another line in a busy store and made it all the way up to the cash register. The cashier asked the lady if she wanted to apply for a store credit card. Of course with a dozen people behind her she decided that would be a good idea. Merry Christmas to all! And to all, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews