Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanks

I want to thank all of you who read my blog. In the short time I have been writing one, I have had over 4,000 views. I never would have dreamed that. I started this with the idea of just giving perspectives from the common person, the common joe. I am not rich. My wife and I work our butts off to survive. We are both in education, rural school districts. We pay our taxes. We make enough money that we do not qualify for grants for our daughter's college education. My daughter worked hard in school to get scholarships. My wife works two jobs and I work three to pay for the rest of her schooling. I was raised that if you want something you worked for it.

My political viewpoints are what I consider moderate. I was ranting to my daughter last night, however, and I told her I despised both political parties because while they argue about taxing the rich and slicing entitlement programs, the middle class struggles every day. We don't get any breaks. Every time I turn around the price of everything seems to go up. Meanwhile, in these tough economic times, my salary does not keep up. I am sick of the way our country is going, but hey, who cares what I think. I am just the common joe.

I meant for this to be a thank you to my readers, but I got off track. Sorry. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews