Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year approaching (A better year?)

New Year's Notes:
Note to myself number one: Remember to keep grading essays as I have been grading them today.  It makes a lot of sense and takes less time.

Note to myself number two (related to note number 1): Do not be stupid enough to wait until Christmas break to get caught up on school work ever again.

Note to myself number 3: Don't be so stubborn about trying to do thins in a different way in the future. This not only relates to grading papers but it also relates to writing.  I'm -- as some of you know -- trying to do some experimenting with outlining and am using Blake Snyders "Save the Cat" as a guideline.  In his 12 beats, the first and second beats are key images.  This morning after "beating" out about half my screenplay last night, I awoke with the perfect closing image to fit perfectly with the opening image.  It was actually exciting to discover it.  I must maintain the patience to keep to my plan.

#3: I really need to lose some weight and get some exercise.  I'm thinking about weight watchers and a treadmill or stationary bike.  I think I could do that, but I don't want to pay all the fees and stuff to figure it all out.

One of the things I'm wondering is if now that I am aging, gracefully for the most part, if I will have progressively worse years in health.  Will something be hurting all the time?  I know one can't stop the progressive decline, but can one stave it off for years?  I should have thought about this years ago, but I have always felt like a teenager in my mind.  It's only the body that begs to differ.

I need to get some reading done soon.  I miss reading a good book.  I found Stephen King's new one on sale for $7 at Hastings, a savings of roughly 17 dollars, and I ordered an ebook written by Dean Koontz.  He has a new book out too, and the ebook is a precursor to the new book.  I reckon if I like the ebook, I'll buy the new book which is only $13  on Kindle.

MY book is still available by the way at www.buckscountypublishing.com

I need to dive back into my stacks of paperwork.  Later, friends, fans, and family.  By the way, I did not write reckon earlier just to sound folksy.  In Southeast MO, we actually say the word.

Cover on Koontz new book.  Koontz has a newsletter that he sends out occasionally that is actually a hoot to read. I greatly admire him for many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews