Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Writing report.


The Bucks County 12 days of Christmas sale is still going on.  Buy one book for $10 and get a second free.  Go to www.buckscountypublishing.com for further details.

I'm working on my screenplay today, and I made something of a breakthrough.  There was an important scene that I wanted to write, but I knew that I needed a three to four page transitional scene between what I had already written and what I needed to write.  I was fussing and fuming about what I was going to do, but then I suddenly thought.  Why wait?  I can always add that transitional scene in later. In MovieMagic screenwriter, which I recommend highly if you want to pay for screenplay formatting software, you can add notes to your manuscript.  I just wrote myself a note as to what that transitional scene should do, and then, I went on with the scene I really wanted to write.  I have to start doing some kind of outlining or planning or I am never going to be successful with my work.  This screenplay version of Dean Knight that I am working on is actually going to be a horror story.  A lot of it though will be psychological horror.

My biggest problem when I write is that I can't sit and write without stopping.  I have to earn a living through my teaching so often I have days where I am so busy with my job that I can't write.  Maybe that's just an excuse, I don't know.  It is hard for me to get into any kind of writing mode that has any consistency to it.  When I come back to something I've not worked on for a while, I am sometimes just absolutely stuck.  Maybe outlining would solve that problem.  I don't know for sure.

What do you other writers do?  I would appreciate some advice before I just drive myself crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews