Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What goes on must come off.



I decided that I would take action on one of my New Year's "I Would Like To's" (I never call them resolutions because I would be dooming myself to failure) and try to lose some weight.  I know that I must cut down on my eating and increase my exercise.  We have a contraption upstairs called  a gazelle edge, I think, that I'm going to use.  The last two nights I've spent about 25 minutes on it.  I know that in walking, twenty minutes gets you a mile.  I go farther on this thing because it's faster, but it also doesn't cause as much strain.  I have lived a sedentary lifestyle and it needs to change.  I'm too much of a reader and a writer, so I don't get much exercise.  I figure if I start exercising it will help my weight, but it will also help my moods because exercise does help moods.

Usually when I finally set my mind to doing something, I do it.  I tried quitting smoking several times until one day I just set my mind on doing it.  I used a nicotine patch for a few days, and one day I forgot to put it on.  The day went fine, I survived, and I never touched another cigarette.  I have on occasion smoked a cigar when I've gotten involved in a friendly poker game, but that's it.

I didn't get any writing accomplished today, but I plan to later.  I've got to get caught up on my school work.

Well, I will sign out.  It's almost bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews