Monday, January 23, 2012

Another message?



I've mentioned several times in my blog little messages that I think I sometimes get from my mom.  I dreamed about her last night.  We were at her and Dad's house for a meal.  We were just doing the visiting thing.  Also, we fed the birds and I decorated the walls with flowers.  This whole time my mom was laughing and talking to us.  It suddenly hit me that she wasn't supposed to be there any longer.  I looked at her and asked, "Meemaw, aren't you dead?"  She said, "No, not really."  Then, without missing a beat, she went on to say how Ryan -- my nephew -- had aced the ACT test.  The alarm rang and woke me up.  It was unusual.  We were just sitting and talking as always until it dawned on me that she had died.

The peony above looks like the type of flower we were using to decorate.  Peonies are my favorite flower.  Blue is one of my favorite colors.  Green too.

I did another page or so of my screenplay.  Slowly but surely, it is coming together.  I have thought of a great line I want to use in it.  Dean asks the ghost of his sister, "Am I crazy, Dee Dee?"  She says, "As an outhouse rat and you might as well take advantage of it."  I'm approaching midpoint.

I don't have a favorite team for the Superbowl yet.  I don't like either team much.  If I root for one, I guess it will be the Patriots, just because they lost to the Giants the last time.  Really, all I want is an exciting game.  If we get that, it will be worth it.  Spring training is coming soon.  I would love to go to Florida for a Cardinal spring training game.

ACT sent me an email today that the last two essays I sent to them have been accepted.  In another month or two, I'll get paid for them.  They are sometimes slow, but during certain times of the year, they get incredibly busy.  I'm making some money on my writing, so it makes it a little easier for me to justify writing screenplays which I will most likely never sell.  I'm not a Hollywood insider by any stretch of the imagination.  The thing is I really enjoy writing screenplays, and I am getting better at them.  I guess if I enjoy writing them, it's not wasting my time to do so.  I think that the screenplay will  help me to focus on the YA novel I want to write based on the same story.

What do you think?  Do we spend our time writing what we think we can sell?  Or write strictly what we want even when we have little chance of selling it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews