Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whazzup?

Summer fun; happier times
My night class went well tonight.  I had trouble being my best because I am tired and a bit depressed.  We have had a few days of gray, wet weather with temperatures in the high 30's low 40's as highs.  I am touched a little bit by seasonal affective disorder though I have never actually received a diagnosis.  It always starts after the holiday season.  The months of January, February, and March are long and drawn out.  I need to move to a warm --  not hot -- sunny climate and start anew.  Restlessness is a horrible thing to deal with primarily because you can't deal with it.  You have to outlast it.

I have written another three or four pages of my screenplay.  I am going to finish it, and it's going to be good.  When I finish it, I'm going to option it and then I'm going to do a novelization of it to make even more money -- though it's not all about money.  Money just shows that I have accomplished something.  Writers write to be read.  If they are making money off their work, it means people are reading it.  Writers have huge egos that need to be fed, and we have an exaggerated sense of self worth.  It gnaws at our souls that musicians and actors get more recognition because we know we work harder than they do.  Naw, I'm just ranting a little bit.  I'm tired.  That's all it is.

Yesterday, I wrote about my throat being sore, and today I looked beside the blog entry and there was an advertisement about throat cancer.  That was a cheerful thought.  I signed up for Adsense a long time ago.  So far, I have made 91 cents.  If all my readers would click on the ads I'd make more.  Honestly, I don't even know why I did it.  Perhaps I thought it might be worth it.  I mean it's not hurting anything, but I am certainly not going to make any money with it.

Well, I don't want to wear out my welcome.  Think happy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews