Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I am tired

I just spent 15 minutes typing a blog on my iPad2 and then managed to erase the whole thing. I can't believe I did it, and I don't even know how I did it. Sometimes, I don't get along with technology. First, I am tired of politics in general, and mud slinging specifically. I can not believe all of the dirt slinging that is going on. I'm tired of political advertising in general, but I guess I will have to live with it. It seems to me that it would be counterproductive to bash the members of your own party. Mitt Romney is the favorite to win New Hampshire. From what I understand, he is a little more moderate than the others. I don't know enough about him except that he is a successful businessman. Can you run a country like a business? I remember Ross Perot and think I even voted for him the first time he ran. Gridlock. Oh, boy, do we have gridlock. Shouldn't our goal as a country be to work together to solve our problems rather than concentrate all of our efforts on stopping other's efforts to solve problems. I guess what I am trying to say -- poorly -- is that the Democrats seem most interested in handcuffing the Republicans and the Republicans seem most interested in stopping the democrats. In actuality, both should be giving and taking a little to get something done. It does no good to stand firm if you sink with the ship. I've been interested in Ron Paul's belief that the U.S. cannot continue to be the world police. I don't think the GOP cares for him, and the press tries to ignore him. I don't know that much about him to be honest. This country has no leaders. It seems like in our worst times there has been someone to lead us through, but we have no leaders anymore. That's the way I see it. Im tired of winter too -- already. Short, cold gray days, and long, cold bitter nights. Bring me spring. I need to move to someplace like Arizona because, along with my many other mental problems, I think I have a touch of SAD. I don't like snow, ice, or temperatures below 60 degreees. Cold will be moving into Missouri soon. I am also tired of the bullying that seems to be increasing in cruelty and intensity. I was bullied so badly when I was in school that I got sick almost every day. I was never suicidal, but I sure didn't want to go to school. There was one big difference in my day, however. In the summer and in the evenings, we could escape some of it. Kids today can't escape it. Don't believe me? Go to Topix, type in the name of any town, and read what people write about others. Add facebook and texting and there is no escape. I wrote another page of my screenplay today. I'm tired of not publishing as much as I would like. I'm just tired tonight, and I'd probably better sign off before I depress everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews