Monday, January 30, 2012

I love music



Linda Ronstadt

I love music.  All kinds are enjoyable to me.  I like country, classical, rock, alternative -- if there's a label, I have probably listened to it.  I have about 1,300 songs on my iPad2 and on numerous other devices, not to mention owning CD's and yes, even a few cassette tapes.  In a few minutes I'll be loading music onto my mp3, and it could be anything.  Waylon and Willie?  Love em.  Katy Perry -- she has some great music.  Bob Seger -- Feel Like a Number speaks to me.  The Boss?  Got him too.  Pink Floyd.  Any Shania Twain and Taylor Swift fans out there?  I also have Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna along with Linda Rondstadt and Emmy Lou Harris.  Donovan lurks somewhere; as does Robbie Robertson and the Beatles.  I have some music for the mind that is supposed to foster creativity, some classical music, Enya, Blackmore's Rainbow, and even some Scotty "the newest American Idol" somewhere.   I  don't buy all this music because I have a subscription to Rhapsody, and therein lies part of the problem.  With Rhapsody, I can explore all kinds of musical types.  Lately, I have found a new favorite: Jem.  I love her music.  I discovered Regina Spektor through Rhapsody and all kinds of other bands, singers, etc.

I can spend hours just messing with my music -- have done so, in fact.  At this very moment, I am downloading about 130 songs on Rhapsody to transfer to my MP3 player.  I won't be able to fit them all because the one I use in my car is only 500 kilobytes, but I'll get around 100 songs or so on it.  I have discovered that my Toyota plays Data Disks, so I can put 200 songs on a data disk and burn it to play in my car.  It won't play in a regular stereo, but it also plays on my computer.

I can remember the actual first two tapes I ever bought.  One was Help by the Beatles and the other was by Deep Purple.  I can't actually remember the name of it, but I do remember it had "Kentucky Woman" on it.  I know; it's not a Deep Purple song, but they did record it for this album.  One of my most favorite albums of all times is Night Moves by Bob Seger.  A close second would be the Eagles first Greatest Hits CD.  I love being able to put a CD in and sing every song word for word.

If I could not listen to music, I think I would go crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews