Saturday, January 14, 2012

Technology sucks.

Sometimes in a good way, but primarily, I think technology is here to drive human beings to distraction or perhaps destruction of their sanity.  I am dealing with two major technology issues, and any advice will be appreciated.  Let me begin with my iTunes program.

Let me begin with what started the whole mess.  My laptop was getting a bit loaded with music.  I had music folders everywhere from different places I've kept music.  Most of these I had imported into my iTunes program.  Well, to solve some of my space problems, I deleted a bunch of them off my computer.  When I go to iTunes, a lot of my music is not there.  The original source could not be found.  So I thought.  Oh, crap, when I deleted my music off the computer, it took it out of iTunes.  A few of my cd's that I moved to my pc, I still had around so I tried to reimport them.  iTunes said it was importing them, but the songs still weren't there.  The weird thing is they were still in iCloud on my iPad.  I got the message that if I deleted the songs from my PC iTunes -- even though they couldn't be found -- they would also be deleted from iCloud, and I wouldn't be able to play them on iPad2.   By this time I was getting a little frustrated so I moved on to a different endeavor just to calm down.  I had some CD's that I wanted in my iTunes on my pc.  Well, most imported right away and it didn't matter if I imported them as mp3 or AAC. Then I tried to import three other CD's.  It appeared that they imported just fine.  However, they were not in my iTunes list.  One or two of them I imported as mp3. I found them on my computer after a search but not in iTunes.

Later right before I went to bed, I turned iTunes back on and it was uploading 36 songs.  The ones from the three albums that I couldn't find on iTunes I supposed.  This morning the songs were still not on iTunes, but they were on my iPad. One of the albums was on there twice. (They were not downloaded; they were in iCloud) There was some other weird stuff. What the heck?

My other technological problem has to do with a cassette to mp3 -- supposedly converter.  I have this software program that imports Cassette music into the computer via a small machine that looks like a cassette player and a usb cord. I'm finding that it imports the music just fine, but it won't export the music as mp3's as it is supposed to.  The directions said that it would ask for a file.  It's a dll file which I downloaded as I was supposed to.  However, when I tried to export the music that I imported as an mp3 I could read in iTunes and Windows Media, it did not ask for the file.  (some kind of codec).  It looked as if the file was exporting, but then when I played it on windows media player, there was nothing.

I don't know what's going on with all of this stuff, and I am about to go insane.  I love music, and I want to be able to burn CD's and import MP3 files from all of my music programs but this is all very frustrating.  Any help will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews