Friday, January 6, 2012

I love Fridays.


I have accomplished a little bit today.  I did a couple of pages of my screenplay; plus, I revised an article that I plan on sending to ACT.  I think it will be okay.  Other than that, I didn't do much.  It's Friday; it's supposed to be a relaxing day.

The Cotton Bowl is on.  I've not watched much college football since Mizzou won their bowl game.  They string the games out for weeks, and there are so many of them, I lose track of who's playing whom.  At the moment, Arkansas is beating Kansas State, but KSU seems to be rallying.  The bands sound and look great.  I think it would be exciting to watch a marching band competition.  Once, several years ago, I went to see Mizzou play Texas A and M.  The half-time show was spectacular.  Both bands were wonderful.  The only thing comparable to the atmosphere at a college football game is the one you find in St. Louis when the Blues play at home.  Hockey is so exciting to watch live.

I am going to turn a little serious here.  Today, I heard that one of my former students died of a heart attack.  Norman Inman was in my classes at Arcadia Valley in the early 80's.  He was an average student, but he had a heart of gold.  He was always respectful, and he always worked like a dog in my class.  I saw him the other day, and he was talking about how he wasn't the greatest student in high school.  I told him that he might not have gotten the highest grade in the class, but he was one of the hardest workers I ever saw.  I would take a thousand Norman Inman's over one spoiled brat "smart" kid.  Norman had just bought some land and was getting ready to expand his shipping business.  In it, he expected to employ some 50 people for each of three shifts. He was also a veteran who proudly served his country.  Norman was gentle as a kitten, but he was a massive man who could have broken most anybody in half with his bare hands.  He will be sorely missed by those who know and love him.  I can't believe it. Rest in peace, Norman.

The temperature climbed near 70 degrees today.  January 6.  What the heck is going on here?

I don't have the strength or heart to rant tonight, and I don't have a lot to say anyway so I'll sign off.  I think I'm going to write in my journal for a little while and then read, or maybe I'll read first and then write in my journal.

I'm excited about my screenplay. Very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews