Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pre-world series game two musings for what they're worth.



On my way home from school today, I was thinking about how much I love music and how strange my music tastes are.  I grew up in a household where music was being played all the time.  I grew up listening to classic country music: Loretta Lynn, George Jones, Eddy Arnold, Hank Williams SENIOR, Marty Robbins and many more.  Plus, my grandpa could play any kind of guitar though his specialty was the electric mandolin.  My Uncle Mick played guitar, my Uncle Ruben played several things, and my Uncle Denny played the drums.  My dad still plays music with some of his friends, and he'll be 80 years old this summer.

My music tastes these days are eclectic to say the least.  Thank God for Rhapsody and mp3 players.  Today, I have listened to among others Sting, Laura Martlin (sp?), Waylon Jennings, Commander Cody, Glen Campbell, Evanescense, Martina McBride, BTO, and some others.  If I were to buy one CD from all the different groups that I like I would not have enough room in my house to hold them all.  My life would not have as much meaning or as much joy if I had no music.  The thing is I can listen to anything!  I even love Broadway musicals.  About the only thing that I will not really listen to all that much is opera.  As much as I admire those who can sing opera, I just can't seem to get into it.

The Cardinals won the first game of the World Series 3-2.  It was such a good game -- pitching, defense, timely hitting -- it was all there last night.  It was chilly and is going to be just as bad, if not worse tonight.  Jaime Garcia pitches.  The Cardinals have had people betting against them all year, and they keep beating the odds.  Though I don't think they'll win tonight, I definitely would not bet on it because they have surprised me time and time again.  Many times during this year I've griped about them and complained, but that's okay.  I have been following the St. Louis Cardinals to 1967.  I am not a fair-weather fan.

Today, I had some extra time during the school day, so I ventured into my novel and wrote a little bit on it.  I finished a couple of pages on it.  I believe it's pretty good, but I don't know if anyone else will think the same thing.  When I have a better handle on it, I'll post some excerpts.

Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews