Thursday, October 13, 2011

My night class, college story, Cardinals,



My night class was enjoyable this evening despite the fact that I made the mistake of beginning to tell stories from my college days.  I don't even know how I got started on it, but it doesn't take me long to take the opportunity to get off task and go with it.  We were discussing some grammar which isn't all that incredibly exciting anyway, and I began telling this story of an unusual instructor I had while in college.  He gave us one test the entire semester, and when someone asked him how he would evaluate our papers, he said that they had to make him tingle.  Well, I was in an all male dormitory, so you can imagine the ... uh ... literature that was floating around the building.  I found a couple of pictures -- you can use your imagination as to what they were -- and when I handed my test paper in, I stapled the pictures to my test paper and left him a note, "In case my paper doesn't make you tingle, maybe these will."  Well, long story short, I made an A in the class.

At another time, I answered the phone on the floor -- we had one phone on the floor (long before cell phones).  When I picked it up, I said, "Charlie's massage parlor, we never rub you the wrong way."  It was the registrar's office wanting to talk to me.  I NEVER got a phone call.  Nor did I ever answer it the same way when other people got one.

At the moment, I am struggling to catch up with my grading because the quarter at North County High School ends tomorrow.  Grades have to be in by next Friday.  I'm about to get caught up, I think, except for benchmark exams which we are currently doing.  Also, mid semester grades for my two college classes are due about the same time.  I'm swamped, but I look forward to getting caught up and doing some writing.  I'm excited about my new novel and would like to catch the waves of that excitement to get started on it.

I also have an article for ACT that I need to get finished.

I am watching the Cardinals game at the moment.  We are behind 4-2 in the 8th inning.  However, we are up 2-1 in the series.  I'd just as soon not go back to Milwaukee, but in order to avoid that we need to win all three in St. Louis.  I fear going back to their stadium.  The Brew Crew are nearly invincible at home.

I want to remind you of a couple of links where you can purchase my material.
For Lancelot and the Tides of Time, you can go to: http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx

If you wish to purchase one of my plays ( I recommend Haunted Hamlet) go to this website.
https://www.brookpub.com/default.aspx?pg=sd&st=HAUNTED+HAMLET&p=76

Well, I guess maybe I should sign off and focus on the last two innings of the ball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews