Thursday, October 27, 2011

Two New things I experienced today



Katy Perry.  What do you think about when you hear that name? I must confess to you that I am not a fan of Katy Perry.  In fact, I have only listened to one or two of her songs.  Recently, her latest album -- as any fan of hers should know -- set a record for having five number one singles.  Out of a morbid sense of curiosity and perhaps a need for self flagellation, I took advantage of some of my music downloading software and downloaded her album.  Of course, at my age, I found some of the music simply ridiculous.  Katy Perry knows how to take advantage of the teeny bopper crowd to crank out best sellers.  However, two or three of the songs really impressed me.  Even I have to admit that she has a good voice also.  At any rate, I listened to the songs Pearl and Fireworks and thought that they had wonderful messages for girls. Having a daughter, I found myself thinking, I hope my daughter has heard these songs.  There was another one that was good despite having some language in it.  I could have done without the California Girls, Last Friday Night, and Peacock songs though.

The second new thing I experienced today was Buffalo Wild Wings.  I had never eaten there because I thought that all it had was wings.  I'm not a big wing fan., but I was ready for a new experience. I was incredibly surprised at their menu variety and also by their more than reasonable prices.  I wound up getting boneless wings with honey barbeque sauce.  There were 8 or 9 nice sized wings, fries, celery with blue cheese dip, and a soda all for about $6.  I will be going back to BWW at some other time.  Next time, I'll take the missus.

I finished reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.  I finished it in one evening and part of the morning.  Nowadays, when I read, the book has to grab me quickly and keep me.  If it does, I will read it until I finish it.   Otherwise, I set it aside. I don't have the patience I used to to wade through a slow book.

The Cardinals face elimination tonight.  Currently, it's 3 to 3.  Could be an interesting night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews