Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cardinals, Dreams, school work,

I derived a great deal of satisfaction from last night's league championship game for many reasons -- cough, cough ... Nyger Morgan .... cough, cough ... but since I am not the type of person to gloat, I won't.  I don't dislike the Brewers.  In fact, if I had not been rooting for the home town Cardinals in all of this, I would have likely rooted for the Brewers.  I think Braun and Fielder are amazing players.  Braun deserves the MVP this year.  Still, my hope is that the Cardinals wind up in the world series.  I'm not sure if I would want to play the Tigers or the Rangers.  The Rangers look quite good.  Well, we have to get through the Brew Crew before we can do anything else.

I have thought about dreams a lot lately because I don't dream a lot anymore. I think part of that happens because I took Lunesta for so many years because of insomnia.  Now, that I am not taking it anymore, I wonder if some of my dreams will come back.  I amaze some of my students because I interpret their dreams for them.  I am not a psychologist who studies dream analysis, at all, so I am no expert, but I can talk a good game.  If I know a little about my students, like what they're involved in at school, for instance, I can tell them what I think their dreams mean.

Basically, I just talk as if I know what I'm saying.  You can say almost  anything with conviction and people will believe it.  Critical listening skills are not strong in most people.  Anyway, it provides amusement for them.  Some of them dream some really weird stuff.  Of course, this comes from a man who dreamed an animated toilet attacked him with dirty toilet paper.  It wrapped me up like a mummy.  I don't think even I could interpret that one.

I have sworn that I will not stay on this as much as I have been, so I am going to sign off right now.  I must do some school work.  I feel so overwhelmed that I got some advice from a retired teacher about how to handle some things.  She gave me some good advice.

Until tomorrow.  Goodbye.

                            Papers I have to grade, and these don't even include my two night classes.

1 comment:

  1. "You can say almost anything with conviction and people will believe it." This is so true... and unfortunately some very unintelligent people in our country have figured this out.

    Also, it makes me sad that you don't dream as much anymore-- hopefully they start to come back. Dreams are just weird and creepy. I'll never understand them, even after taking numerous psychology classes.

    I think it's sort of weird that we call our aspirations in life our "dreams." Because I think they are very different things.

    Okay, that's all. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews