Sunday, November 6, 2011

World Views

Cathcart Castle



Russia
35
Canada
13
Germany
12
India
12
Chile
11
United Kingdom
5
Indonesia
5
Armenia
2
France
2
These are some of my foreign page viewers.  It amazes me that people in Armenia can read my blog if they wish.  35 people from Russia?  When I look at some of these numbers, a variety of thoughts go through my head.  One is how little of the world I have seen.  I would love to visit these places.  If I were a worldwide traveler, my first visit would be to Europe.  I don't have any views from Spain,but I would love to visit there.  My high school has had a couple of foreign exchange students from Spain. Spain seems so exotic and so fun. And France.  I would love to visit France.  I know that the French don't tend to like Americans, and I can't say that I blame them because many of us are louts and uncouth, close minded dolts.  Americans make fun of the French too.  We forget that if not for the French we would likely still be under English rule.  We would not have won our independence if not for their economic and military help.  I would love to visit France, and I would hope that the French would not find me an ignorant lout.  We're not all like that.  And England.  When I was in college, I took several English literature courses.  Who wouldn't want to go to the country that inspired such writers as Chaucer, Shakespeare (maybe), Dickens, and the romantic poets. I would love to see London and the English countryside.  My ancestors are Scott-Irish.  There is even a castle in Scotland called Cathcart castle.  The Lord of the castle went crazy and killed one wife and was about to kill another before he was caught.  Sounds like my dad's side of the family.  Italy.  I would love to see Rome.  Plus, I would like to see Venice before the city sinks completely.  There is so much in the world I would like to see, but I will never get to.  I won't even get to see all that I want to see in the United States.

I'll never have the money to be able to travel to these places, but I can dream.

Remains of Cathcart Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews