Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just tired



I am just physically and mentally exhausted. It was a gray day today just as it has been for the last three days since Meemaw died. It is almost as if she has taken the sunshine with her for at least a while. Today, at the cemetery one single bird sang at the graveside service. Geese flew overhead as it ended. My sister said that the first night after Mom's death she couldn't sleep, so she went outside. All three times she went out the geese were flying overhead.

We believe in some strange way that she knew that something might happen. She had set out some years ago to make baby blankets for all of her grandchildren. Megan is not even married yet, but mom worked in advance and got Megan's finished. Some of the squares have hand-painted animals on them. For each she would spend a day painting it. Another thing she did was make memorial wreaths for many of her relatives who are buried in Leadwood Cemetery. Usually, she does these around Christmas, but for some reason she did them early this year.

Mom once dreamed about the new highway 8 before it was even built. I think someone who is especially close to God in the way my mom was might very well be given a little advance notice.

I have decided to go ahead and take the day off tomorrow also. I exhausted, and we only have half a day anyway.

I will return to my usual blog topics in the near future. I need to work out some of my feelings and writing is one of the ways I do it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can spend the holidays thinking of all the great memories you have shared with your family. Keep your head up :-)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews