Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gray day, gray mood. It's raining.

The weather matches my mood today.  It's gray and rainy outside.  Although it's not even 5 p.m. it is getting dark out. Right now, the temperature is about 60, so it isn't cold.  I don't know how long that will last though.  We might possibly get some storms tonight.  Storms scare me.  They didn't use to, but it seems as if the incidences of tornadoes are increasing every year.  After the Joplin, MO tornado, I am even more frightened.  I just checked out the weather forecast and the major storms have been taken out of the forecast. I'm grateful for that.

Let me tell you why I am a bit depressed. First, I got my comments back from April Lurie who, as I expected, did not like my summary.  The story is too much.  Too depressing.  I wanted it to work.  I wanted to develop it because I think I need to.  I am halfway thinking about scrapping the entire thing and doing something totally different.  I need to get my act together because I am supposed to finish this novel within the year.  I might try to do something with Walt Michaels.  I need to think and to pray.  Yes, believe it or not I do pray about my writing.

School was uninspiring today.  It wasn't that anything bad happened; it was just a blah day.  I have so much school work to do.  I imagine I will get into that after I eat dinner, or as we folks in the south more regularly call it, supper.  I need to do my plans for my two night classes, and I need to grade some papers.  That is the life of a teacher.

I did get a IPAD 2.  I love it, and I've only had it for one night.  I seriously considered getting an Amazon Kindle Fire, but when it came down to it, I decided I could do more with the Ipad 2.

I wish I had some words of wisdom, something interesting to say, but I really don't.  Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews