Friday, November 25, 2011

Reflections

Two times each year I stop to reflect on my life.  Because of my mother's death, my reflections are starting a little early this year.  Usually, like most people, I take a look back on the year around Christmas and think about what I accomplished, didn't accomplish, readjusted, need to readjust.  I never do New Year's resolutions because I will never complete them.  Sometimes, I do "I would like to's" but that's about as far as I get.  Usually, most of my musings are private, written in my journal, for my eyes only.  I'll do that again this year mostly.  Generally, I am a very private person.  What I write in this blog is a mere fraction of what goes on in my brain.  Never, will I bare my soul as if I am in some therapy session.

Another reflection time for me is around my birthday.  This year I turn ... well, it doesn't matter.  Let's just say I'm not a spring chicken.  My dad turns 80 the day before my birthday.  One of the things I must do this year is think about my priorities and whether they are appropriately ordered or not.  I need to think about my writing.  Should I be thinking about giving up my dreams of writing YA fiction full time.  I am getting older now, and this dream fades a little every year.  It all goes back to the dilemma all of us face in life.  We have obligations we must meet, so we have to have a steady job, but sometimes, in my case especially, my steady job keeps me from following my dreams to the fullest extent.  I love teaching, but it isn't my dream.

So, I'll be thinking about a lot this coming year.  The crossroads are near.




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews