Thursday, November 17, 2011

People who think they know everything obviously don't. Even I know that.





If those people who think they know everything actually did, then they would realize just how stupid they are. The very fact that they cannot admit to being wrong is the very proof needed to convict them that they are often are.
crossbyte


I'm amazed at the number of people out in the world who can never admit that they are wrong.  It takes an ugly kind of arrogance to believe that there isn't anyone who might know more than you do about something.  Even in matter of opinions, there are those who think their opinion is exclusively correct.  Hamlet said, "There is nothing good or bad; thinking makes it so."  Those words aren't exact but they are close.  I don't actually agree with them, but they are interesting.  Think of how times change.  At one time, it was perfectly acceptable to have more than one wife.  (Why anyone would is beyond my comprehension though.)  It isn't legal anymore in our country anyway, but it is legal in some other countries.  Slavery used to be legal.  Is it right?  No, it isn't.  Perceptions change because people change their minds about things and circumstances change.  If we can't change, we die.  It's as simple as that.


I've been looking at you tube to check out some of the music videos there.  It's amazing what you can find.  For instance, I was looking and found a nearly two hour concert Kiss did with the Australian symphony orchestra.  Kiss -- orchestra?  What's wrong with this picture?  Still, I'm not ashamed to admit I used to listen to them.  Still do every once in a while.  Their music was just fun.  Loud, bombastically so, amoral, full of sex and innuendo, simplistic, but still, I'll belt out "I wanna rock and roll all night long and party every day" at the top of my lungs when I hear it.  BTO is another rock band I still love.  I could give you other examples, but these should suffice.  Many of the rock bands I listened to are still played even though their music is now 40+ years old.  I barely noticed when the rock and roll I listened to in high school became first classic rock and now oldies.  If I had one concert that I could see -- my choice of any group -- it would be Pink Floyd.  Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here are two of my most favorite albums of all time.


I have decided to start from scratch with my YA novel.In the meantime, Lancelot and the Tides of Time is still available.  Order it here:
http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews