Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A short goodnight

I have done it.  I ran off the person who was my instructor in my young adult novel writing class.  She left the Children's Institute of Literature to become an instructor in an MFA program.  I am sad that she is not going to be my instructor, but I am happy she has gotten a job she wants.  Now, I have to break in a new instructor.  It's going to be difficult because I don't even know anymore what I am going to write.  I don't know if I'm going to scrap the entire book and try something new. I am just getting at the end of my rope with this novel because I don't know which way to go.

My class went well tonight, but I am extremely tired; plus, my back is barking.  I have a class after school tomorrow also.  I really like it, and it seems to be easier on me for some reason.  It's composition one and is more basic than the comp 2 class.  I don't even like the comp 2 book.  I think by next year I will have developed a several week review of basic grammar, punctuation, and spelling for my composition one class.  Because of the lack of quality writing I am getting, I am going to treat it as a basic writing skills 2 class.  I think I will only be able to do this in my North County classes because I have enough time.

 I wish I could report that I was doing something interesting, but I'm not.  Just trying to keep my head above the rising tide of paper grading I need to do.  This is the one bad thing about teaching.  All of the paperwork.

I could tell you some of the music I'm listening to.  I've decided that I adore Adele's music.  Today, I also revisited Wish You Were Here, by the original Pink Floyd.  Lately, I've spent a lot of time listening to Glen Campbell's new album.  It's haunting, especially since we know he has Alzheimer's.  I also have listened to some brand new groups, for me, like Jem, She and Him, and even Katy Perry.

She's Welsh too

I need to go to bed now.  I'll write at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews