Thursday, November 3, 2011

November novel writing month update.

Good evening to one and all.  Well, I'm not writing enough to stay on pace to complete my novel in November, but I have been writing every day.  I would feel happy to finish half of it, but I will settle for a third.  I submitted my outline to my Children's Lit Institute instructor to see what she thought of what I was doing, but I am still waiting to hear from her.   I'm afraid she won't like it.  If I keep getting rejected I may ask CLI to refund my money and just go it alone.  I have about 5,000 words of the novel finished but I have been writing on it for a couple of weeks.  I've done four pages the last two days, and I need to complete six daily if I am going to stay on track.  See what I mean.

I think I'm going to get an IPAD.  I talked to someone who had one, and she said that she thinks it's wonderful.  I still like the sound of the Amazon Kindle Fire, but I don't want just another tablet.  I want one with a lot of apps and one that I can see movies on and  listen to music.  The Ipad has a lot of neat stuff on it though.  I hate making decisions.

The temperature has dropped about 20 degrees in the last 24 hours, which is fairly typical for the kind of weather changes Missouri has.  It's misty and windy.  November at it's finest.  It was cold and gray all day today.  How dreary.  It's no wonder that people get SADD.  Still, fall is beautiful in so many ways.  It's a melancholy kind of beauty, however.

I'm doing what I tell my composition students not to do: write in short, choppy sentences.  A blog is kind of like a journal, and with my real journal, I tend to not worry so much about sentence structure and grammar.  Since, however, the public will actually be reading this (at least I hope so), I need to be more careful about how I write.

I've been listening to some good new music lately.  Recently, I wound up with two new country CD's.  One is Dwight Yoakam singing Buck Owens songs.  Buck Owens was a great songwriter and musician.  I didn't like to hear him sing much, but amazingly, many of his songs are ones I listened to when I was a kid, and I can still sing along with them.  One of my all-time favorite Buck Owens songs is "Act Naturally."  The Beatles did a version of it on their Help album also.

The other CD I've listened to is Glen Campbell's latest one.  I've not really ever been much of a Glen Campbell fan, but I was curious about this CD.  I had read that he was suffering from the early stages of Alzheimer's.  I downloaded the album on Rhapsody and really liked it.  Long story short, I now have it.

Finally, since I am a fan of Zooey Deschanel, I decided to download one of the She and Him CD's, and I discovered that I also like it very much.  She sang the national anthem at my beloved Cardinals World Series game, so she will always maintain a position of honor in my heart -- not to mention that she is very fine looking.  I haven't seen any episodes of her new show yet, but I do intend to watch them online eventually.

Well, that's about everything I have to say.  Goodbye for now.
www.countryrokmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews