Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A New Day

Yesterday, I was in a bad mood that I didn't really get over, but I did eventually sleep it off.  Sounds like I'm talking about a hangover, doesn't it?  I have this thing called cyclothymia which affects my moods.  I don't have to have a reason to be depressed.  Sometimes I get depressed for no other reason than the cyclothemia wants me to be depressed.  Then there are other times when I am happy for no apparent reason.  Cyclothymia is a long distance cousin to bipolar disorder.  Actually, now that I think about it; I did have some reason to be depressed yesterday which I went to great lengths to describe in detail, so I won't repeat myself.

I have written nothing in three days because I don't know what I should write.  I have a few ideas floating in my brain, but nothing concrete yet.  I haven't heard back from my nephew who took my lyrics and was going to write the music to it.  Perhaps when he finishes I will feel inspired to pursue that.  I told him I wanted an Alice Cooper, "I'm 18" feel to the music.  The person who sings it is a religious fanatic who thinks a mentally ill young man is possessed by the devil or one of his demons, and he wants to exorcise it.  This characterization is not much of a stretch, but that is a story I will save for another day.

It's supposed to get down to 32 degrees tonight in my area, but by the weekend it is supposed to be in the 60's.  Only in Missouri does this happen.  I remember once when I was in College at Cape Girardeau.  It was one of those -- and I don't mean to be politically incorrect when I say this -- Indian summers in Missouri and the temperatures had climbed in the middle 60's.  The weather forecast called for rain, dropping temperatures which would cause ice, and then blizzard like conditions.  Overnight, and I remember this so vividly because there was a dance marathon going on in which my roommate and his girlfriend, a very dear friend of mine, were involved in, the temperature dropped into the teen and we would up with 18 inches of ice and snow.  The wind blew so strongly that you could barely walk across campus.

That's all for this trip down memory lane.  I'll be signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews