Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More tidbits: neat website, grammar goblin, crossbyte

Crossbyte: Hugs are doubly healing because they touch two people at one time.

http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx
I am sure you have noticed a trend.  I'm beginning my blogs with the link you can use to preorder Lancelot and the Tides of Time.  I hope you don't think this is obnoxious of me.  When the book goes on Amazon and other places, I will also post those links here.  I will really be obnoxious then.

Grammar Goblin: Lay and laid.  Sit and set.  Remember this and this will help you immensely.  The word laid never means "to recline" or "Take a nap".  He has not "laid down" for a nap; he has lain down for a nap.  Remember ... laid never EVER means to recline.  In the same way, set never EVER means to park your rear in a chair.  He set down for a rest is not correct.  He sat down for a rest is the correct way of saying this.

So, how many earthquakes rattled the country?  It doesn't necessarily mean the world is about to end.  However, I look around me and see everything that is happening and I wonder.  Libya, what a mess. My only hope is that something worse doesn't arise out of the ashes of that country.

I like my classes so far.  Today after school, I went for my weekly chiropractic appointment.  My night classes are the next two evenings, and I have a feeling I will wish that my chiropractic appointment was Friday.  Gosh, I feel old sometimes.

Finally, for all of my friends in education.  Here is a wonderful website you may or may not have heard of.
Good day.

2 comments:

  1. Steve, I have read many of these and never seen a comment. Perhaps I have the honor to be first! One of my grammar pet peeves is the increasing substitution of "myself" for "me." "The group included John and myself." there are many other examples of this.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one. Or how about between you and I, instead of the correct form: between you and me?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews