Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Journey


If I might wax philosophical here.  Life is often compared to a journey.   Well, I am not going to write on that worn out cliche',  but I do want to comment on another well-known cliche'.  The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.  This makes me think of the fact that we are always in a hurry to get somewhere.  We want to get to where we are going so fast that we miss out on all the things we could see along the way.  I have driven to work the same way for 14 years.  I put my car in drive in the morning and go into a haze.  Thirty five minutes later I'm at work and I don't even remember driving there.  I don't really "notice" anything along my way.  Now, my question is this?  Just because a straight line is the quickest way, does it mean that it is the most rewarding way?  My feeling is no.  It is in the curvy roads that you find the adventure.  In life it is the less-traveled path that gives the greatest rewards.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I agree. If we don't have the courage to go off the path once in a while, we're not going to experience much...

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews