Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wires, wires, everywhere, but will they help me sleep?

I had a sleep study done last night.  I won't know the results of it until I talk to my doctor, but I'm going to assume there were some issues because the attendant put one of those cpap things on me after an hour or two.  It didn't feel all that weird so if I have to wear one all the time, I think I can get used to it.  I stayed home today from school after the test, and I've sat on the couch grading papers for most of the day, so it's not like I'm having fun or anything.  Work -- and more papers to grade -- will be waiting for me tomorrow when I get back to school.  It's the thing about being an English teacher.  It never stops.  I'm grading research papers at the moment.  They aren't too bad, but I still have quite a few more to grade.

My niece just posted wonderful news on facebook.  Her mother-in-law is free of cancer.  I've met her a couple of times, and she's a very nice woman.  I know that God still answers prayers, and yes, I believe that I'm talking about the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim God when I say God.  Chew on that thought for a while.  My religious views would be heretical to any of the world religions, but I don't think you can get past the idea that we all worship the same God.  One of my students was writing about how so many of the world's wars have been fought over religion.  He's right.  The key is the word religion.  Religion and belief,  religion and faith, are not the same things.

Well, I need to sign off and go back to grading.  They won't grade themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews