Friday, April 27, 2012

Cross, here.

I'm using a CPAP machine now because of sleep apnea.  So far, I have been unable to get used to it as well as I should, and as a result, in the week I've had it, I have managed one good night's sleep.  I feel like some space alien when I have it one.  Yet, I am going to stick with it because several people have told me having one has beena life changing acquisition.  My life needs changing -- in some way.  I'm not sure what would be the best kinds of changes, and I certainly don't want things to get bad.
 
Busy weekend coming  up.  Going to get a suit for my daughter's wedding.  She and her betrothed decided not to do the whole rental tuxedo thing which is fine with me.  If I actually buy a suit, I can use it again though basically about the only time I put a suit on is for weddings, funerals, and job interviews.  As far as job interviews go, I'm getting old enough that I am probably going to have to content myself with staying exactly where I am.  That would be okay with me as far as my professional life goes, but I don't want my writing life to get mired in one spot.  I want to sell screenplays and make a bunch of money.  I have begun another completely new revision of Fall of Knight and I find it to be very satisfying so far, but it's coming slowly.  Only ten pages so far, but they are ten pretty good pages.
 
I am basically redoing the entire thing.  I am also working on a new one.  I decided I would work on two projects at once.  I may also go back to writing plays.  I found out that next year if I remain where I am, I will be teaching drama.  I am not going to be directing the play, just teaching the class.  Sigh, I would like to teach at a college, but that's not going to happen.  Another dream gone by the wayside.
 
Crossbyte for the day:  The most important lesson we can learn from not having all our dreams come true is how to appreciate the ones that do.
 
My major dreams have not come true.  I don't think they're going to.  I am grateful for what I do have, and I know that what I do have is more than 90 percent of the world does have.  (Of course, it's nothing like the one percent of the rich who have 99 percent of the wealth in this country.)
 
Well, I need to sign off and think.  As dangerous as that can be, I need to do it occasionally.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews