Monday, April 23, 2012

I offer you ... a haiku (a new haiku too)



The cloak of dusk wraps
the day in gray gloom and shadows.
Sunshine hides its face.

My first published poem was a haiku. See if you can write one.

Day changes into dusk which slips into darkness overshadowing the sun.  Pincushion black with bright  stars poking through.

I would like to write some poetry, but I don't think I have it in me anymore.  What I write would be trite -- my creative brain suffers from some hideous blight.

An old poetry editor of mine, John Horvath, who published many of my poems back in the day sent me an email inviting me to submit some work for his online poetry journal poetryrepairshop.com  I don't know if my old stuff is on the sight anymore.  I used to love to write poetry, but I stopped doing it.  I think my lust for wealth overcame my love for beauty.  I gave up writing poetry to pursue my dream of writing a best-selling novel, becoming rich, and living the Bohemian life.   Ah, what more could want aspire to be than a rich writer.  I am still looking for best-selling status.  Don't think I'm going to make it.  Now, that I think about it though, I am not sure my poetry could be called beautiful.  I used strong imagery, but most of it was depressing.

Well, things may be changing in my life.  Good change I think, but change of any kind is a bit frightening.

I'll keep all of my followers -- the eight of you -- posted.

The one thing I am overjoyed about is the way the St. Louis Cardinals are playing.  They have won every series of the new baseball season and lead the Central division.  I like Matheny.  There doesn't seem to be that tension I always felt with Larussa at the helm.  I also think that Matheny gets along better with the younger players.  I think we have a bright future.

That's all for now.  I need to go do something totally useful and unpleasant -- grade papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews