Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grammy Night

R.I.P.


I am fairly certain I am one of the few people who have not watched the Grammy's tonight.  I actually watched Downton Abbey.  I have gotten fond of the show actually.  I like the irony, the characters, the slice of life view I get of another time.  Tonight's episode was a good one, though very sad.  If you like PBS, does that mean you're getting old?

I have been thinking of Whitney Houston today.  She had such a wonderful singing voice, and she was beautiful without, if you'll pardon my expression, looking slutty.  I do have the grammy's on right now, and I have begun to experience Nikki Minaj or however you spell it for the first time in my life.  OMG.  That's all I have to say about that.  I'm not sure what to think about this.  I guess I am old.  I just don't get it.

I missed the Beach Boys earlier.  I guess I got it on at the wrong time.  Guess I lived in the wrong time too. Now, order has been restored and Lady Antebellum is giving the Record of the Year awards.  I hope Adele gets this one because I love Adele.  Maybe there is some hope for me.  She did; that's definitely the way it should be.

I just wanted to check in.
I wish I had some words of wisdom for tonight, but I really don't.  We are supposed to get 2 to 4 inches of snow tomorrow.  I have heard that it is going to hit during the late afternoon, right about the time I am driving home in it.  That always scares me.  Maybe our school will look at all the satellite reports and go ahead and call off early.  One can only hope.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews