Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just because I haven't written for a while


I am writing because I need to write a little every now and then.  I don't want to lose my audience.
However, I do have something of a mini-rant that I would like to pass on.  There is a lot of argument going back and forth about social issues like contraception, gay marriages, and religious or lack of religious beliefs, and frankly, I think we have a serious case of not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Don't we realize that thousands of people are being murdered by a regime in Syria that is backed by Russia and China?  And that Iranian ships have also shown up there?  Don't people realize that Iran and Israel are arguing back and forth over Iranian's nuclear capabilities, and that it is highly possible that Israel might launch a preemptive strike against Iran's nuclear facilities?  Don't people listen when it says that gas is likely to go up to $5 a gallon by summer and that this rise may very well cripple people who are trying to work in an already sluggish economy?  We may see a day when people have to decide between what they will eat and if they buy gas.  Don't people realize that Iran has threatened to stop ships from other countries from going where they need to go?  Just a day or two ago, North Korea was threatening retaliation for exercises that South Korea was involved in. Why are politicians worried about all this little crap that they worry about when the world may be on the edge of destruction?  Whether an insurance company pays for birth control or not makes little difference if we are all blown to hell.  Am I the only person that is frightened by all the tension in the world?  Why don't we try to stabilize the world before we do anything else?

I'm finished now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews