Thursday, February 16, 2012

Odd?


 
I just noticed that Whitney Houston's funeral is going to be streamed live online.  Does that seem a little odd to anyone but me?  I knew the funeral was supposed to be private, which I can understand, so all of her fans could not be there in person.  I also know Whitney was a beloved performer and many millions of people listened to her.  I guess this is one way that others can see the funeral without being there.  Isn't technology wonderful?  I don't know if I would want my funeral aired live.  This is almost as odd as another incident I know of.  A man died, but he did not want people to mourn for him.  He wanted to put the fun back in funeral.  His religious beliefs made him see the end of his life as something to celebrate.  At his visitation, everyone got a ticket, and the family held drawings for a prize. I think, when I die, this is the way I want to go out.
 
I am not as afraid of my own death as I once was.  I still don't want to go anytime soon, but I am smart enough to realize that we never know when the hand of death will reach out and touch us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews