Monday, February 6, 2012

Black River in Missouri


I think there is some truth to the saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I have been thinking about it in a few different contexts.  First, I have been thinking about my daughter who is in college at Cape.  It's only 72 miles away, but it seems like 7,000 because we don't get to see her daily.  We don't get to see her on every weekend either because she works down there.  Second, I am thinking of my mom.  Her death makes the memories I have of her even fonder.  I wish she were still here. I know that goes without saying, but it's the first time I've written it.  I really miss her.  The third thing I'm thinking about is the possibility of a new career away from home.  For a while, Jean and I would have a commuter marriage, which we are both adult enough to handle, but I think I would get lonely.  Being alone and lonely is not good for anyone, especially someone like me who suffers bouts of depression.  Another thing I have been thinking of is this blog; that's right: this blog.  I have tried to write every day even in times when I didn't have a lot to say.  I think it wastes my time and my readers' time, so I am not going to blog as often.  I'll still blog a couple times a week or if I have something really important to say, but I can honestly say, I don't have much of importance to say most of the time.

There is one other thing I miss.  When we were kids, I loved to go with the family and swim in Black River.  It was spring fed and just as cold as it could be, but it was so much fun.  I love the water and the innocence of play that I associate with it.

Well, that's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews