Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A wise person knows that intelligence is not even half the story.
http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx
Lancelot book preorder link.

Just a short entry here.  I'm in the middle of something and can't write much.

Grammar problem:  A common error people make is to use the wrong form of the verb with the helper has, have, had.  I don't know how many times I have heard things like had ran, have came, has saw.  Have we become so frightened of bruising kids egos by telling them that they have grammar errors that grammar is not taught anymore?  When I was in school, I always spent half a year on grammar and half a year on literature. We even -- gasp -- diagrammed sentences.  I'm all for inspiring creativity and giving kids an opportunity to write freely without worrying about grammar at times, but grammar has to be taught eventually as well.  It matters not how creative you are if you can not write a coherent sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews