Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Random

The Cardinals are losing 5 to 1 to the Brewers.  I watched the game last night until the tenth inning, and I felt like kicking myself.  I had watched about 4 hours of television which had no real importance whatsoever. The time was gone, never to return to me.  I have been a Cardinal fan for years, but it seems like lately the management does just enough to keep the team in contention so that they will draw fans but won't do what it really takes to win.  I know why I like baseball so much -- it's a family thing -- but I'm thinking this fan may move on to other things until they become more serious about winning.  If the Cardinals lose tonight they will be five games out of first place.

I found out that there is going to be a new movie made of  Stephen King's book, The Stand, my personal favorite.  There was a t.v. movie series years ago that was good, but the film team putting this together might make something wonderful happen.  I hope so.  Speaking of movies, I plan on going to see Captain America tomorrow (In 3D.)  My daughter goes back to school next weekend, so we are trying to do a couple of things before she leaves.  My wife had to go back to work this week, but I still have another week.

I cut most of the grass this evening but then it got dark on me.  We're down to one push mower, and it takes me a good 2 and a half hours to cut the grass, and that doesn't include weed eating.  The one bright spot is that since I've been going to the chiropractor, I can actually cut the grass and not be so sore afterwards that I can't move.  My body is like the government, a sad state of affairs.

I didn't write much today.  I am waiting before I write too much more because I am expecting my instructor to send me some comments on the first half of the book.  I'm hoping that she likes the direction I've taken and will tell me that I just need to power on.

I am going to sign off, but I would like to leave you all with a thought.

There's really no reason to carry a grudge.  With each passing year, it just gets heavier, and chances are the person with whom you have a grudge doesn't even think about it.  And even if he or she does, the best way you can get to that person is to not let it get to you.  I hope that makes sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews