Monday, August 22, 2011

Tidbits -- short bits of news you can ignore if you wish

Crossbyte: Loving the one you're with is just an empty feeling if you aren't with the one you love.
(My apologies to Crosby, Stills, and Nash.)

http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx

Just in case you missed it, this is the link to go to to pre-order Lancelot and the Tides of Times.  The official release date is September 1.

Grammar pet peeve: People getting then and than mixed up.  "Then" is used as a transition to mean
next.  The word "than" is used for comparison.  I think lazy diction is to blame for this one.  To say that ...
He is smarter then his brother ... is incorrect because we are comparing brothers.  He is smarter than his brother.  It seems to me as if people use then more often when they mean than, than they use than when they mean then. But than again -- I mean, then again.  Oh forget it.  Just keep this in mind.  Than and then are not to be used interchangeably.

Then, there's this tidbit.  Check out the following web page if you are a writer:
http://www.fundsforwriters.com/
Hope has three free newsletters with markets listed for writers.  The site itself has some helpful information.

I have decided I should not go on political rants anymore.  Arguing politics doesn't accomplish anything except make people mad.  I'm just going to vote my conscious and express my opinion that way.

My prayers go out to anyone in the path of Irene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews