Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sticking my toe in the waters of technology

I nagged my wife and nagged my wife until she gave me permission to get a tablet for a combination birthday and father's day gift. I would recommend them, but I would caution you to get one that is well known. I went onto ebay and got an off brand. For what it is, I'm sure it's fine, but I thought I would get a little more. Well, anyway. I downloaded the Kindle App on it, and I have read a couple of Kindle books. Honestly, I like it. Of course, the app doesn't have all the bells and whistles that a Kindle does, but it is still cool to have. I have six books on my tablet p.c. and on my laptop. I can take them with me wherever I go.

The one thing I don't like about my tablet is that the wireless signal is not as strong as it should be. But I have found that when I use the wireless mouse it gets a better signal for some reason. You'll have to figure that one out because I can't.

Ebooks are generally less expensive than the regular books. I hope that my new novel, Lancelot and the Tides of Time will have strong ebook sales. Of course, another obvious advantage is that you get your books on Kindle instantly. I can foresee a time, and it is already happening in some areas, where you can check out ebooks from a library. That will really be cool.

Now, I'm not about to let my kindle and ebook reader take over for the real thing. I have purchased many used books online for a little bit of nothing. I don't know how many times I've bought a used book that was less than a dollar, but the shipping and handling was four dollars. Oh, well, that is still cheaper than buying a book new.

If I think of anything interesting to say later, I will, but for right now, this is the common Joe signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews