Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tradition

I can't believe I'm blogging when I should be doing my school work, but I've been reading a writing book that tells me to make time to write regardless, and this is one way I can write.

In my literature class today, we read Shirley Jackson's story, "The Lottery."  If you've not ever read it, you need to.  It is so spooky in some ways, but the story's message about tradition inspired me to write a new crossbyte, something I've not done much lately.

When destiny calls your name, make sure that you're not deafened by the screams of foolish tradition.
Crossbyte


Before I get a lot of flack about traditions that families love, let me remind you of the adjective "foolish."  Read the story, and you'll know what I mean by my crossbyte.


I have kept riding my bicycle daily since I got it.  I'm averaging about seven or seven and a half miles a day on it.  It has to help my cardiovascular system and my weight.  If I can lose some weight, then my next step would be to do some strengthening stuff.  I need to build up strength in my arms and in my knees.  Several years ago, I had an automobile accident, and I never really completed my PT as I should have.  Therefore, my right knee especially is weak.


Enough about fitness and other stuff.  I'll be signing off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews