Friday, March 9, 2012

New Music

I am listening to a band that I discovered through of all places Taylor Swift.  I love her song "Safe and Sound" so I looked up the group the Civil Wars and began to listen to them just to see what they sounded like.  Wow!  I love them.  I love the acoustic, folk feeling they bring to their songs.  I'm amazed by their music.  At any rate I have become a true fan.  Thank you Taylor Swift.  Taylor isn't really too bad herself.  I'll be glad when she grows up a little and starts writing more "adult" music.  She's still a little too teeny boppish for me.  I was listening to her the other day and decided that she was the country version of Katy Perry.  Don't you think that is a good way to describe her.

I love these two:  The Civil Wars


I was a little disappointed today to find out that ACT hired someone in house to take a position I thought might make a good fit for my talents.  Oh, well, I firmly believe things happen for a reason.  Either there's something else out there or I'm supposed to be exactly where I am.  I just am not looking forward to what will be happening to education in the next few years.  I can retire next summer but most likely won't.

My back is screaming out tonight, and I have a hacking cough I cannot get rid of for some reason.  I've been eating cough drops during the day and taking cough syrup at night.  I don't feel sick really; I'm just coughing so much I hurt.  Honestly, I'm more worried about my shoulders than anything else.  I have felt pain in them for several weeks now.  It's bad enough that I can't really throw a baseball.  It feels like muscle tears but it's in both shoulders and I didn't really do anything to cause it.  The only two possibilities I've come up with are that I have arthritis up there or some weird form of carpal tunnel syndrome.  I type a lot, but I don't know if that's it or not.

I have been sucked back into American Idol again.  I think the girls are better this year.  The one girl who sang "I Will Always Love you" was absolutely amazing.  She did Whitney better than Whitney, and I like Whitney Houston a lot.  The world lost a great talent when it lost her.  Such a beautiful woman also.  So sad.

I have resumed writing on my screenplay and it's going well.  I think anyway.  Sometimes I just don't know.  Without some kind of feedback it's hard to tell.  It's hard to write in a vacuum.

I need to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews